Offering school field trips is one of our absolute favorite things to do here at The Farmer’s Barn! Whether it is pre-school, elementary, middle-school, or high school groups, we love to involve kids in our work here at the farm. Having grown up on the farm, we have seen first hand how important it is for everyone to have an understanding and appreciation of agriculture and the many pieces that work to provide our world’s most basic and essential need….food! And of course, a visit to the farm would not be complete if you didn’t have loads of fun while learning about farm life! Come join us for a field trip that will be enjoyed by staff, parents, and students!
When Are Field Trips Available?
Field trips are available almost any time, Monday through Friday, throughout the year. Please note, however, that our Fall Maze is only available from the middle of September through the middle of November.
What’s Included with Field Trips?
- Online curriculum materials based on national standards for you to copy and share with your students either before or after a visit to our farm
- An educational “farm” lesson under our big shelter
- A Hay-Haulin’ Hayride to see and feed our cows
- A visit to the Animal Corral to see and feed our chickens, goats, calves, and donkey
- All farm attractions including the Corny Corn Bin, Corn Hole, Zip Line, Cow Train, Giant Tube Slide and much more!
- Access to the Maze! (During Fall season only)
What Does it Cost?
- Students/Parents are $7.00
- Teachers, School Nurses, and Principals are Free
- The balance will be paid when you arrive for your field trip. To make payment, please bring cash, credit card, or an official school check. (Checks should be made to The Farmer’s Barn)
Optional Lunch Add-on – Hotdog, Bag of Chips, and a Drink for just $3….OR we can also throw in a frozen treat for $4
- Teachers do not have to worry about bringing bag lunches
- Parents do not have to worry about preparing a lunch meal
- Get fresh, hot food here at the farm!